The four points of the Main Street approach work together to build a sustainable and complete community revitalization effort.
Purpose: The Organization Committee serves to recruit and coordinate volunteers, sponsors and members of Brunswick Main Street. This committee is responsible for fundraising, operations, the quarterly newsletter and volunteer management. Specifically, the committee aims to:
- Raise money for projects and their administration from donations, grants and sponsorships
- Manage staff & volunteers by through active recruitment, supervision, and rewarding admirable service
- Promote the program to downtown interests and the public through various in-person and textual avenues
- Manage finances by developing adequate accounting procedures
Brunswick Main Street’s Organization Committee hosts fundraising and administrative events such as Red, White and Brew; the Main Street Auction; and the Annual Community Meeting. This committee is also responsible for this website, the membership drive, and the application as well as organization of the grants that we receive.
The Organization Committee Chair is Julie Martorana and she can be reached at email@example.com
Purpose: The Brunswick Main Street Promotions committee is responsible for all activities that promote community and activity in the downtown area. The Promotions Committee works to
- Understand the changing market – both potential shoppers and the competitive market
- Identify downtown assets, including people, buildings, heritage, and institutions
- Define Brunswick Main Street’s market niche- it’s unique “position” in the marketplace
- Creating NEW image campaigns, retail promotions, and special events to lure people back downtown
The Promotions Committee Chair is Alyssa Theodore and she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: The Brunswick Main Street Design Committee works to create an attractive Downtown for people to visit, interact, live, and work. The Design Committee seeks to
- Educate others about good design- enhancing the image of each business as well as that of the district
- Provide design advice that encourages quality improvements to private properties and public spaces
- Plan Main Street’s development – guiding future growth and shaping regulations
- Motivate others to make changes – creating incentives and targeting key projects
Through offering a facade grant program, creating and implementing a Downtown Master plan, and working to improve our green spaces we are doing our part to making Brunswick’s Downtown a destination for citizens and tourists alike.
The Design Committee Chair is Dr. Wayne Allgaier and he can be reached at email@example.com
Economic Restructuring Committee
Purpose: The Economic Restructuring Committee (ERC) is dedicated to strengthening our downtown’s economic position, supporting our existing businesses and recruiting new businesses through a comprehensive economic development approach. The ERC plans to achieve this through:
- Learning about the district’s current economic condition and identifying opportunities for market growth
- Strengthening existing businesses and recruiting new ones
- Finding new economic uses for traditional Main Street buildings
- Developing financial incentives and capital for building rehabilitation and business development
- Monitoring the economic performance of the district
Brunswick Main Street’s ERC will be in charge of The Conductor Program.