As a unique economic development tool, the Main Street Four-Point Approach® is the foundation for local initiatives to revitalize their districts by leveraging local assets—from cultural or architectural heritage to local enterprises and community pride.
The four points of the Main Street approach work together to build a sustainable and complete community revitalization effort.
To leave a phone message for our Board or Committee Chairs, please call 301.834.5591
Meets at 9:30am on the fourth Thursday of each month.
The Organization Committee serves to recruit and coordinate volunteers, sponsors, and members of Brunswick Main Street.
Its responsibilities encompass fundraising and operations, the quarterly newsletter, and volunteer management. Specifically, the committee aims to do the following:
- raise money for projects and the administration via donations, grants, and sponsors.
- manage staff and volunteers through active recruitment and supervision, and by rewarding admirable service.
- promote the program to downtown interests and the public through various in-person and textual avenues.
- manage finances by developing adequate accounting procedures.
Brunswick Main Street’s Organization Committee hosts fundraising and administrative events such as Red, White and Brew, the Main Street Auction, and the Annual Community Meeting. It is also responsible for this website, the membership drive, and both the application for and organization of all grants that Brunswick Main Street receives.
The Organization Committee Chair is Julie Martorana, who may be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a question or concern? Send an e-mail!
Org Minutes May (.pdf file)
Meets at 7pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
The Brunswick Main Street Promotions Committee is responsible for all activities that promote community activity in the downtown area.
The Promotions Committee works in pursuit of these goals:
- to understand the changing market – both potential customers and the competitive market.
- to identify downtown assets, including people, buildings, heritage, and institutions.
- to define Brunswick Main Street’s market niche – it’s unique “position” in the marketplace.
- to attract and renew interest in the downtown area by creating new campaigns, retail promotions, and special events.
The Promotions Committee Chair is Alyssa Theodore, who may be reached via e-mail at email@example.com. Got a question or suggestion? Get in touch!
Promotions Committee April 2019 Report (.pdf file)
Meets at 3:30pm on the first Tuesday of each month.
The Brunswick Main Street Design Committee works to create an attractive downtown which people can love and feel proud of.
It seeks to do the following:
- educate others about good design – enhancing the image of each business as well as that of the district.
- provide design advice that encourages quality improvements to private properties and public spaces.
- plan Main Street’s development – guiding future growth and shaping regulations.
- motivate others to make changes by creating incentives and targeting key projects.
Through offering a facade grant program, creating and implementing a Downtown Master Plan, and working to improve our green spaces, we are doing our part to make downtown Brunswick a destination for residents and tourists alike.
The Design Committee Chair is Dr. Wayne Allgaier, who may be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Got a question? Ask away!
Economic Restructuring Committee
Meets at 7pm on the third Thursday of each month.
The Economic Restructuring Committee is dedicated to strengthening the economic position of downtown Brunswick through a comprehensive economic-development approach.
It plans do achieve this through the following actions:
- learn about the district’s current economic condition and identifying opportunities for market growth.
- strengthen existing businesses and recruiting new ones.
- find new economic uses for traditional Main Street buildings.
- develop financial incentives and capital for building rehabilitation and business development.
- monitor the economic performance of the district.
The Economic Restructuring Committee will be in charge of the Conductor Program.
The Economic Restructuring Committee Chair is Abbie Ricketts, who may be reached via e-mail at email@example.com. Got something to say? Let them know!
ERC May 2019 Draft notes (.pdf file)
For more information on how to join a Committee or the Brunswick Main Street Board, please contact us via our online contact form or call 301.834.5591