add_filter( 'tribe-events-bar-filters', 'remove_search_from_bar', 1000, 1 ); function remove_search_from_bar( $filters ) { if ( isset( $filters['tribe-bar-date'] ) ) { unset( $filters['tribe-bar-date'] ); } return $filters; }

Brunswick Heritage Merchandise

  • Wood Ornament Collection

  • Price: $15.00
    The current Brunswick station, formerly a B & O Railroad depot and now served by MARC commuter rail, looks just as it did when it was designed by architect Ephraim Francis Baldwin and opened in 1891. Originally on Seventh Avenue, it was moved to its current location in 1907. It is a wooden frame building in the Queen Anne style with stone walls up to the window sills, and features Palladian windows in the roof dormers. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since August 29, 1979.
  • Price: $15.00
    Unidentified men (members of the train crew) next to locomotive engine #1103.
  • Price: $15.00
    Crewe works in the UK built 38 Princess Coronation class locomotives between 1937 and 1948. In 1939, the 6229 Duchess of Hamilton was shipped off to the USA to attend the World’s Fair. Arriving in Baltimore, she was unloaded and dispatched to the Baltimore and Ohio (B&O) depot at Mount Clare to be used in publicity films and photoshoots. The most popular ones include the image pictured, of her on the Thomas Viaduct with her B&O Railroad contemporary the ‘Royal Blue’ (on right).
  • Price: $15.00
    Victor Kaplon emigrated to the United States from Russia in 1885. He partnered with his brother Abraham, who ran the Kaplon Store of Harpers Ferry, to open a location in Berlin, as Brunswick was then known. The Kaplon Bros. built the building pictured at the corner of West Potomac Street and South Maryland Avenue (then called High Street and Second Street) and relocated in 1908. The family continued to do business there until 1967.
  • Stained Glass Ornament Collection

  • Price: $25.00
    Lock 30, in the heart of Brunswick, was built from red Seneca sandstone, Patapsco granite, and some local stone. It powered a hub of activity, including C. F. Wenner's mill with docking facilities for canal boats and railroad cars.
  • Price: $25.00
    The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad began construction of a 5-mile rail yard in 1890, the same year that the City of Brunswick was formally incorporated. This railroad, and its engines, would reshape Brunswick into a bustling company town with a population of over 5000.
  • *SOLD OUT-THIS DESIGN HAS BEEN RETIRED.*

    Just as crucial to Brunswick is the Potomac River. The Potomac River has been central to Brunswick's identity from the time of Native Americans' who trapped eels in its shallows to the anglers, kayakers, and swimmers of today who enjoy its unspoiled waters and glorious sunsets.
  • *SOLD OUT-THIS DESIGN HAS BEEN RETIRED.*

    The WB Tower, built around 1910, controlled the train traffic for the railroad and is currently still situated along the tracks. Plans are in the works to move the tower to a new location to ensure its ongoing preservation. This ornament captures the tower in its original location.
  • *SOLD OUT-THIS DESIGN HAS BEEN RETIRED.*

    The roundhouse was the "heart" of the railroad in the age of steam. Here toiled the boilermakers, mechanics, and other workers who kept the trains running. Brunswick's roundhouse was a local landmark until it was demolished in 1996.
  • Limited Edition Print

  • Price: $10.00
    In 1998 the Brunswick History Mural was painted on a brick building in downtown Brunswick by artist, Philip Aldinger of Randallstown, Maryland with support from city residents and the Frederick Arts Council. This print is the artist's watercolor study for the finished mural, a collage of images that symbolize Brunswick history, including trains and depots, the roundhouse, canal, hills, churches, schools, and baseball.
  • $0.00
    Brunswick City Hall: 1 W. Potomac St., Brunswick, MD; City Hall Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm