Brunswick Main Street will be hosting our beloved Hometown Holidays again this year! There will be fun, family friendly activities throughout Brunswick. These activities will be held at local business and will have food, crafts, music, and so much more. We would love to see you at this beloved holiday event with all of your friends and family!
Brunswick’s Hometown Holidays is Saturday, December 14th
Come to downtown Brunswick for a day filled with children’s activities across the town perfect for the holiday spirit!
Brunswick, Md. (November 25, 2019) —Brunswick Main Street will be hosting our beloved Hometown Holiday event again this year on December 14th, 2019! There will be fun, family friendly activities throughout Brunswick.
Here is a rundown of the day (loosely chronological):
- The Ambulance Company (200 W Potomac, Brunswick, MD 21716) will be holding a Breakfast with Santa starting at 6AM until 11AM! From 1PM to 4PM, there will also be kids crafts (free) and Family Photos with Rudolf for $5.
- Beans in the Belfry (122 W Potomac St, Brunswick, MD 21716) will be hosting the following:
- Santa’s Secret Workshop for Kids (11AM – 10PM): For kids only, kids can shop for thoughtful affordable gifts for family and friends for just a few dollars. Elves will assist kids with their selections and help with gift wrapping and gift tags while parents can relax and sip a latte, a glass of hot mulled cider or a sweet spiced wine down below and out of view.
- Gingerbread Boy Cookie Decorating at Farm Table (11AM – 3PM): Kids are invited to decorate cut-out gingerbread boy and girl cookies to eat or take home $1/piece. They’ll have royal icing, and color sprinkles galore. Parents, please enjoy this traditional holiday activity with your kids to create memories.
- Christmas Market food (11AM – 3PM): Hanna will prepare German potato pancakes, a favorite snack at European Christmas markets, and they’ll serve Gluehwein, the sweet hot spiced holiday wine enjoyed in Europe during the winter holidays. Their baristas will steam up creamy hot chocolates, brew delicious teas and hot mulled cider.
- Live Music featuring award winning guitarist Steven Gellman (7PM – 9:30PM): Enjoy holiday tunes tonight in our festively decorated room and a glass of hot spiced cider or hot sweet spiced red wine (Gluehwein), light meal or snacks.
- The Brunswick Library (915 N Maple Ave, Brunswick, MD 21716): Join in for the Library’s Holiday Open House! Make-and-take gifts for all ages, a styled holiday photo station, live music, crafts, and merriment from 11AM – 1PM!
- Towpath Creamery (12 S Maple Ave, Brunswick, MD 21716): Stop by for stories, crafts, songs, and a special limited-edition Rudolph ice cream cone between 12PM and 5PM!
- The American Legion (18 S Maple Ave, Brunswick, MD 21716): will be holding a Children’s Party filled with tables of crafts activities starting at 2PM – 5PM! Santa and Mrs. Clause will be there to greet the kids. Snacks and treats will also be available. Don’t miss their “Visit with Santa” Raffle! Santa and Mrs. Claus will visit for 30 minutes with children on Friday, December 20th at 7PM in your home of place of Business (must be within 25 miles of Brunswick). Tickets will be sold for $5.00 each or 3 for $10.00 at the Children’s Christmas Party form 2pm-4PM in Memorial Hall. The drawing will occur at 4PM (need not be present to win). For questions, call the American Legion at 301.834.8121 or by Facebook via Connie House or Nannette Huntsman or an ALR member. All proceeds will benefit future Veteran’s programs.
- The Holiday PopUp Market (27 W Potomac Street): Come see our town’s local Christmas store featuring artists and vendors from Brunswick and the surrounding community. Stop by to make popcorn strung Christmas decorations – a time honored tradition wonderful for all ages and for the entire family. Popcorn stinging will be held from 1-4PM.
- Brunswick Sports and Apparel (302 W Potomac Street): Swing by for a kid’s craft with cookies and hot chocolate from 1-4PM.
- Park Heights Cemetery (710 East H Street): will be hosting their Luminary Event and will be lighting 1200 points of light to remember those at rest at Park Heights Cemetery. Drive or Walk through (flashlights recommended). This event begins at 6PM and goes until 8PM.
The Brunswick Beacon will also be sponsoring goodie bags filled with small treats available at the businesses downtown. These goodie bags are free to each child!