brunswick main street is seeking to add a talented intern to our crew. We believe that helping students gain the experience they need today will help create them into the young professionals we need tomorrow – and this aligns with our vision of economic development in brunswick.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Brunswick Main Street is seeking a talented intern who desires to learn new skills and is unafraid of tackling big projects. We are looking for someone who knows the latest social media trends, is a strong writer and comfortable engaging with new people. Someone passionate about building communities and developing relationships with people. Someone who’s full of creative ideas and imaginative flair, has a strong sense of aesthetic, and pays attention to details and consistency in style. This is a unique opportunity to be given real responsibility from start to finish. This intern will help strengthen Brunswick Main Street’s mission by curating a strong brand voice that connects with our current audience while reaching new ones. All while growing personally and professionally. You will have the opportunity to create, promote and track content, gain insights into what makes compelling content and shape it in response to our community’s wants, and acquire the skills to optimize everything you write for the web.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Research, create and develop unique content, including blog posts, web pages;
- Review existing content and align it with the current tone of voice
- Actively create and update Brunswick Main Street Instagram and Facebook page
- Create new and exciting content
- Engage with audience and respond to inquiries
- Use reporting analytics to measure results and cultivate new marketing ideas
- Assist with design and production of monthly newsletters that reach hundreds of people
- Write press releases and monitor media coverage
- Help design print and online advertisements for upcoming events and Brunswick Main Street’s mission and vision
Applicants should be pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, English or nonprofit studies. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and the major social media sites (Facebook and Instagram). Applicants should be self-motivated, hard working and resourceful. Applicants should be excellent writers and editors.
Interns are expected to work 10-12 hours a week, spread out over 2-3 days. Most of the work must be done at the office. Interns must be able to drive themselves to this internship, and must bring a laptop for projects. To apply, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Internship.” Application must include your résumé, brief cover letter, and a writing sample or links to online samples. PDF is the preferred format.
To download the description, access the file here: Marketing Internship Brunswick Main Street