Brunswick Main Street COVID-19 Emergency Micro-Grant Program
Through a grant from the Community Foundation of Frederick County, Brunswick Main Street has established a micro-grant program to support existing downtown businesses impacted in this COVID-19 pandemic. No match component is required of businesses. This micro-grant is a fixed award of $1,000.00 with no repayment due. Brunswick Main Street has allocated $10,000 of initial funding for this micro-grant program. Additional funds will be raised to replenish the fund and continue to assist downtown businesses now and during the recovery period of this pandemic.
THE APPLICATION WILL OPEN 10:00am on Monday, May 4. The application deadline is Monday, May 11 at 11:59pm or until all funds have been awarded. Donations will be sought to replenish Micro-Grant funds. Further opportunities to apply will be announced as funds are available.
The award may be used for rent payments, mortgage payments, utilities, regular overhead costs.
This grant may not be used for any accrued debt or prior expenses before March 15th, 2020.
Criteria for Businesses:
- Must have a physical presence within the Brunswick Main Street district boundaries. Physical presence is defined as either a valid business address within the Main Street district, or verification that majority of your business transactions are conducted within the Brunswick Main Street boundaries.
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgments
Brunswick Main Street will review the applications and evaluate based on the criteria outlined above (also in the application). Applications must be submitted using the online form. Applicants will be notified of their approval/denial within 5 business days of the grant deadline.
- This funding CAN be combined with other funding sources, tax credit programs, and state grant or loan programs.
- Awardees will be required to complete a disbursement form. Brunswick Main Street reserves the right to request receipts for expenses paid with grant funds.
- Awardees may be asked to report basic employment and business data for use by Brunswick Main Street to track the progress and success of this grant program.
- Brunswick Main Street and/or Community Foundation of Frederick County may want to publish names of awardees, and perhaps some promotional material (pictures). Consent to this request is not a condition of being awarded a grant.